Written by Kyla Burns, Masters Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from Central Michigan University
As a firm believer in alternative medicine – and being the passionate person I am when it comes to combining a healthy diet with an active lifestyle – one of the most important things I take into consideration is what I put into my body. Living in today’s fast-paced environment isn’t always an easy task, and it can often lead to complications such as stress, pain and anxiety – just some of the “mild” conditions that modern society is experiencing an increased prevalence of. Unfortunately, some people have to live with much worse. If you suffer from a medical condition and are absolutely fed up with the increasing barrage of prescription drugs that our doctors are handing out, or if you are simply looking for some relief, then this article is for you. CBD has been shown to help treat a variety of conditions such as anxiety, depression, and pain, and it has even been used to help with more serious ailments like arthritis and opioid addiction. There have been research studies linking significant health benefits of CBD to dozens of medical conditions. Whether you are totally new to CBD or are simply looking for a high-grade, best CBD oil brand, see who ranked top on my list. Also don’t forget to check out number one!
Reviews of the Best CBD Oils For Sale Online
*[A couple things of note before I begin the reviews. In order to avoid redundancy and limit repeating myself dozens of times over, be advised that (unless otherwise noted), all of the companies listed below employ standard practices that are used by all of the best CBD oil companies, including things like: solventless CO2 extraction, 3rd party laboratory testing, legal THC limits below 0.3%, shipping to all 50 U.S. states, etc..]
#1 – PureKana CBD Oil
You’ve probably seen PureKana listed on several other “best CBD oils” lists, and it’s for good reason; in our experience (along with maybe a couple of other close competitors), they offer the best overall value in terms of potency, price, customer service, and most importantly, effectiveness. In fact, if I wasn’t continuously trying out new stuff and dedicated to reviewing every single hemp product on the market in an effort to reveal the absolute best CBD oil, I would probably use them exclusively for my lower back pain. Likewise, my partner has said several times that the 600 mg Vanilla tincture is one of his favorites for helping him sleep through the night.
PureKana CBD Oil Review: Highlights
- Product range includes CBD oil drops, CBD capsules, topical cream, CBD isolate gummies, CBD “Pure Picks,” and CBD treats for pets
- Prices range from $54 to $390 for the CBD oils
- Available in 300, 600, 1000, 2500, 5000 mg potencies
- Offer raw hemp “Natural” flavor, as well as Mint (my favorite) and Vanilla
- 30-day satisfaction guarantee
Visit their online store at PureKana.com and use our Coupon Code 5OFFCBD1 for 5% off your entire order.
Important update: They are constantly running special offers on their site, so be sure to check them out.
#2 – Premium Jane CBD
Premium Jane CBD is one of the newer brands to introduce themselves to the industry, but don’t let that put you off. I’ll admit, we get offers to test out a lot of free products so we can feature them on the site, but so many over the years have just not been of a high enough quality for me to recommend them.
Premium Jane, however, is a massive exception. They very kindly sent us over some promotional samples and honestly, their 1,000 mg tincture was equally comparable for me as the PureKana oil that I normally take.
Premium Jane CBD Oil Review: Highlights
- L.A.-based California company, so right in the heartbeat of the medical cannabis/CBD markets
- Use one of the best 3rd party lab testing companies on the market.
- Currently have four products for sale: oil tinctures; CBD capsules; THC-free gummy edibles, and a pain-relieving CBD cream
- Fantastic market prices compared to competing products; oils range from $48 to $124
Browse the brand new Premium Jane CBD online shop at PremiumJane.com
Special 5% CBD Coupon : 5OFFCBD1
#3 – Green Roads CBD Oil
Along with PureKana and CW Hemp, I would say that Green Roads CBD oil probably rounds out the top 3 most popular hemp companies selling online, and that would generally translate to status as the “best CBD oil,” right? They have an incredible web presence, and in fact run a really great blog that you should keep up with if you’re interested in the latest CBD news, trends, etc. They’re also big into offering loads of different product, including pre-dosed pens called “Daily Doses,” CBD terpenes, edibles, and even potent CBD concentrates that you can dab (I don’t have a dab rig myself, but I have friends who say the potency is incredible). Honestly, you’ve just got to check out their website in order to get a better idea of the huge range of products they’ve got — all of which are of the highest quality.
Green Roads CBD Oil Review: Highlights
- Huge range of products for a variety of ways to take CBD
- Great, frequently updated blog
- Have a trustworthy reputation being one of the most popular and best CBD oil brands in the country
- All products are third-party lab tested (as are all brands on this list)
- Slightly more expensive than PureKana; prices range from $26.99 to $206.99 for single bottles
Browse the huge Green Roads selection by visiting their online store at GreenRoadsWorld.com
#4 – Hemp Bombs
Being more a traditional gal, it’s kind of funny that I like Hemp Bombs CBD so much. Judging by their Instagram and so forth it seems like they’ve made an effort to appeal to a younger, more “hip” crowd, but I don’t care – they sell some darn good CBD products and that’s the only thing that matters to me. And actually, if you’re into vaping CBD oil or prefer to use a CBD vape pen, they’re definitely the company that I would recommend the most. I’m not huge into vaping myself, but they’ve got a MASSIVE range of high-quality (and highly potent) CBD vape products in addition to the standard stuff like oral tinctures and CBD capsules. My partner has even used the “Sugar Cookie Kryptonite” vape liquid and absolutely loved it! Really, you’ve got to just spend some time browsing their store to come to terms with the huge range of products they’ve got: CBD “Pain Freeze,” CBD “Max Chill Shots,” and even a brand new product called CBD Beard Oil!!
Hemp Bombs CBD Oil Review: Highlights
- One of the largest ranges of CBD products available on the market
- Best CBD vape oils and largest selection for those that prefer vaping CBD
- Super unique product range including Pain Freeze and CBD Beard Oil
- Prices range from $49.99 to $299.99
Visit the huge Hemp Bombs online shop over at HempBombs.com
#5 – CBD Essence
CBD Essence is another brand we’ve had plenty of experience with over the past 18 months or so, and my partner particularly likes his 600 mg Medicinal Grade tincture for quickly easing her anxiety. I haven’t tried them so much for may pain, but I do recall that a 30 mg dose was quite effective the last time I did take it. Also, the main reason they’re this high up on our list is because they’re a fair amount cheaper than Elixinol and PureKana. Their tinctures come in larger 2 oz bottles, but on a CBD-per-mg basis they’re about 20% less expensive than other top-quality brands.
CBD Essence Review: Highlights
- Less expensive than Elixinol or PureKana CBD oils
- Likely the best CBD oils for vaping (I’m not big into vaping, but I have tried them before and they do taste great)
- Offer bulk 8, 16, and 32 oz bottles that can save you a lot of money over the long term
- Prices range from $30 to $84 for single bottles
- Have a closeout/specials page for CBD products on sale
Check out the complete CBD Essence review at ShoppingCBD
#6 – CBD Pure
The growth of CBD Pure within the last several months has been somewhat surprising given their little-known status the first time I tried them last year. They’re not quite as potent and long-lasting as something like Premium Jane or PureKana, but like CBD Essence they’ve mostly made it this high up on the list due to their affordable prices. Believe it or not, in fact, they’re nearly 60% cheaper than PureKana on an oz-to-oz basis. If you’re just trying out CBD for the first time and want to see how it works for you before jumping to one of the more expensive brands, I’d definitely take a look at CBD Pure’s range of affordable tinctures.
CBD Pure Review: Highlights
- Probably the best cheap CBD oil for sale online
- 2 oz bottles range between $29.99 and $79.99
- Also have SoftGel capsules available for sale (though oddly they’re much more expensive than the oils)
Browse the CBD Pure lineup on our comprehensive CBD Pure Review
#7 – Koi CBD
Koi CBD probably should be higher up on this list given their popularity, but since they’re geared more towards vaping and CBD vape oils, and I have never really used them too much. People who do use them everyday though say that they’ve got the best flavors of any CBD vape oil on the market, and I can say personally that their CBD gummies and spearmint CBD oil work decently as well. I would recommend Koi CBD if you’re big into vaping and have yet to find a CBD vape oil that you like, and/or if you’re looking for a reputable brand that sells high quality oral CBD tinctures as well as edibles and vape products – might as well order everything in one place.
Koi CBD Oil Review: Highlights
- Free shipping on ALL orders over $35
- Huge range of CBD vape oils and vape-specific products
- A lot of flavors to choose from folks who are sensitive to taste
- Koi CBD oil prices range from $39.99 to $99.99 for a single 1 oz bottle
You can shop around the entire range of Koi CBD vape oils, oral tinctures, gummy edibles, and other products by visiting the official Koi CBD website or read the complete Koi CBD review
#8 – Elixinol CBD Oil
Truth be told, I don’t use Elixinol all that often, but the times that I have used it they have proven that they’re one of the hemp-derived best CBD oils on the market. Their 600 mg Respira tincture worked great for my back pain, but truth be told I have more recently been drawn to their new CBD Liposomes and the Elixinol CBD X-Pen. The Liposomes are pill-like soft capsules that are supposed to enhance the bioavailability of orally ingested CBD, while the X-Pen is a brilliant new product that delivers exactly 15 mg of CBD oil every time you “click” it (contains 1,000 mg total). Elixinol is a little pricey, but if you’re looking for something other than the standard oil drops that most brands offer, they’re really a great option.
Elixinol CBD Oil Review: Highlights
- Design team has engineered some of the most easy-to-dose CBD products on the market
- 1,000 mg X-Pen delivers exact 15 mg doses with one “click” of the pen
- CBD Liposomes are a good alternative for sublingual (under the tongue) drops
- Offers larger 4 oz bottles so you don’t have to keep reordering
- Products range from $39.99 to $249.99
- Also sell a world-renowned Hemp Seed Protein Powder for making smoothies, shakes, etc
Shop the complete range of Elixinol CBD products at Elixinol.com
10% Coupon Code: 10off591
#9 – NuLeaf Naturals CBD Oil
NuLeaf Naturals markets themselves as “the world’s premier CBD oil company” – I don’t know if I’d quite go to that extent and say that, but I will say that my partner Josh and I have both tried their full-spectrum tinctures, and they do work incredibly well. Also, they main reason they made it on my list here of the best CBD oils online is the fact they offer one of the most potent oral tinctures on the market: a 1,450 mg super highly concentrated oil that wiped my back pain out in less than 20 minutes. To be clear, that’s 45% more potent than PureKana’s strongest oil (1,000 mg). Why don’t I use NuLeaf Naturals all the time then, you might be wondering? Well, I can get away with much smaller doses than that, so there’s no reason to take such a potent dose if I don’t need to. If you’ve been scrounging around the web trying to find a super strong CBD oil, or have otherwise not had great results with other products, I definitely recommend trying some of NuLeaf Naturals’ stuff out. Be advised, though, that it ain’t cheap!
NuLeaf Naturals CBD Oil Review: Highlights
- Super potent 1,450 mg tincture (1 oz)
- Mainstay name in the industry that has been around for years
- Prices range from $38.50 to $179+
- Full-spectrum pet specific CBD oils
You can check out the complete range of NuLeaf Naturals prices and CBD oil options by visiting their official website at NuLeafNaturals.com
#10 – CBDfx
CBD Fx is another USA company that emphasizes the use of MCT oil for maximizing the bioavailability of the CBD compound to cells throughout the body. In layman’s terms, this basically means their goal is to create a highly efficient and effective tincture that bypasses metabolic breakdown processes in the digestive system. They’re also big into vape pens, CBD vaping and CBD concentrates (waxes, powders, crystal isolates etc), so they tend to appeal a lot to the younger population as well as older folks like me who need CBD oil basically just to get out of bed in the morning.
CBDfx Review: Highlights
- Excellent CBD bioavailability
- Large range of CBD vape and concentrate products for those who prefer CBD dabs or CBD vape oils
- Prices for the CBD MCT oils range from $74.99 – $299.99
Shop all CBDFx products by visiting their website or read the comprehensive CBDfx review here
#11 – Kat’s Naturals
The main reason we like Kat’s Naturals CBD oils are because they use hempseed oil to infuse 1,500 mg of CBD isolate. While the hempseed itself doesn’t contain any actual CBD, it is chock-full of phytonutrients, plant protein, and other nutritious compounds. The only reason other companies use coconut or MCT oil to infuse the CBD instead of hempseed oil, is because hempseed is lower in saturated fat so it doesn’t have as great a bioavailability. In other words, taking a CBD oil infused in MCT oil will allow more of the active compound to reach parts of the body that you need it to. For combining the natural therapeutic elements of CBD with the nutritional benefits of hempseed, however, Kat’s Naturals is a great product. I would recommend using it as a daily health supplement moreso than an actual therapy to treat any kind of condition or ailment.
Kat’s Naturals Review: Highlights
- Uses nutritional hempseed oil as the CBD carrier
- Potent CBD doses (1,500 mg CBD isolate in the “Heal” oil)
- Offer a 5-day trial period to test out before you buy a whole bottle
- 5 different formulas for specific uses
- Pet-specific formula
- Prices range from $25 to $165
Learn more about the 5 different Kat’s Naturals CBD oils on our comprehensive review
#12 – CW Hemp
Aside from maybe only PureKana, CW Hemp is probably the most popular CBD brand in the U.S. – at least in terms of the amount of product that they sell. And indeed they make some great, highly effective tinctures, but the only reason I don’t have them ranked higher is simply because I think they’re a bit overrated – and overpriced. If you’re into name brand reputation and will feel more comfortable buying from an established company like CW, by all means don’t be afraid to spend the money and try them out – they certainly don’t lack for quality. I just think there are other brands out there that offer better overall value for the amount of money that you’re spending.
CW Hemp Review: Highlights
- Brand reputation – probably the most popular CBD oil seller in the US
- The “name” behind the famous story of Charlotte Figi
- Reliable, highly effective oil tinctures in three different price ranges
- Great range of CBD pet products
- Prices range from $39.99 to $149.99
Visit the CW Hemp online store and shop from the one of the world’s most popular and best CBD oil sellers at CWHemp.com
#13 – Verified CBD Oil
One of the easiest selections to grab a spot here on our “top 20 best CBD oils for 2020” is Florida’s very own Verified CBD. This company is what I would call part of the “old guard,” even though they’ve only been around since 2014 and are less than 5 years old. The main reason I like them is because they’ve made an effort to maintain a “seed to sale” operation, meaning their entire manufacturing process – from growing the raw hemp to bottling and selling the oils, takes place right here in the USA (no outsourcing or private labeling).
Verified CBD Review: Highlights
- Specific CBD oil formulas for various uses: Weight loss / Anxiety and Stress / Sleep Aid / Energy and Focus / Pain relief
- Raw hemp material from Kentucky Pilot Research farms
- CBD oil prices range from $43.95 – $129.95
Shop through the complete Verified CBD online store or read the complete Verified CBD oil Review
#14 – Fab CBD
Like Premium Jane, Fab CBD is another newcomer to the industry, and they made this list simply because of how affordable they are. We received some samples quite awhile back, and while they weren’t the most potent products in the world, they absolutely did work and if you were to buy them from the online store they are about 15% cheaper than other top brands. ($79 for a 600 mg bottle compared to the average $95).
Fab CBD Review: Highlights
- Very affordable: prices range from $39-$129
- Also sell CBD chews (edibles) and CBD topical joint cream
- Free shipping on all orders over $89
View the new Fab CBD online store and browse the range of products and flavors at FabCBD.com. Alternatively, read our FabCBD review.
#15 – CBD Infusionz
CBD Infusionz ticks off all of the things you want to see in the best CBD oil, but my favorite thing about them is they include an updated lab report in the packaging of every product that they ship. With other brands, you’ve got to go digging through the website to view the reports, and usually they’re well outdated. Also, CBD Infusionz is a brand that puts a lot of R&D into coming up with fun, new, and unique CBD products, and I legitimately appreciate that. They’ve got stuff like hemp joints (that you can actually smoke like a regular joint), CBD chewing gum, CBD lozenges, and a variety of candies, healthy vegan edibles, pet products, and topical lotions. In fact, you’ve just got to check out their website in order to see for yourself all of the various CBD goodies they’ve got on offer.
CBD Infusionz Review: Highlights
- Includes a lab report with every product they sell
- Loads of fun and unique CBD products like chewing gum, dry hemp joints, lozenges, and health foods
- Huge range of edibles and candies
- Prices for full-spectrum oils range from $34.99-$124.99
View the complete line of CBD Infusionz goodies by browsing their online store
#16 – Plus CBD Oil / CV Sciences
Plus CBD Oil has spent a great deal of effort into getting their products in retail stores across the country. In fact, they’ve been featured by many local news outlets and there’s a good chance you’ve seen some of their oils at places like vape/smoke shops, headshops, and even health food stores. Generally brick-and-mortar shops like these sell very low quality “hempseed” products, but Plus CBD is definitely one of the exceptions. Also, they’ve got a “CBD Deals” page where you can browse their latest sales, specials, and online promotions.
Plus CBD Oil / CV Sciences Review: Highlights
- Large retail presence in addition to their online store
- Bulk ordering options for huge savings on large quantities
- Relatively low prices (in addition to frequent online sales/promotions/coupon codes)
- Prices range from $20 to $60
- Featured by the likes of Leafly, MarijuanaBreak, etc
Shop Plus CBD Oil products at PlusCBDoil.com
#17 – CBDistillery
From what I can tell from all of the reading/research I’ve done online, CBDistillery has a very loyal following and a large amount of people who swear by their potent effects. I’ve tried their 500mg CBD oil and also the Pure CBD Isolate Slab in a dab rig, and I’ve got to say that both of them immediately eased my back pain. The effects weren’t maybe as long lasting as other brands, but in terms of potency I would say it was easily comparable. If you’re into traditional cannabis/marijuana culture and appreciate all the “standard pastimes ” like smoking, vaping, dabbing, etc, this is a brand for you. Along with Hemp Bombs, they hugely appeal to a younger crowd and have got the “modern” range of products to keep up with them.
CBDistillery Review: Highlights
- Massive loyal following of patients and customers
- Big appeal to younger/hipper crowd
- Large selection of CBD concentrates for dabbing, vaping etc
- Good option for those who prefer vaping CBD
- Product costs range from $20-$130
Shop the entire selection of CBDistillery products (including CBD vape pens, wax isolates/dabs, capsules, and CBD oil tinctures) at TheCBDistillery.com
#18 – MedTerra CBD Oil
Along with PureKana and Premium Jane, MedTerra CBD is one of the few companies that has a commercialization agreement with hemp farms under the Kentucky Pilot Research Program. My partner and I really like this brand because it’s clear that they’re much more focused on health and science rather than creating gimmicky promotions and web advertisements to try and build their “brand.” The CBD industry definitely needs more companies with this mentality. We haven’t tried them a whole lot, but we did receive a couple of samples of their “Medoil Tinctures,” and they worked particularly well for my partner’s anxiety and sleep issues. They also were OK for my back pain, but not quite as potent as some other brands I’ve used.
MedTerra CBD Oil Review: Highlights
- Very engaged in the scientific aspect of CBD and cannabis health
- CBD isolate oils (100% THC-free)
- Sourced and manufactured 100% in the USA
- Offer a super potent 3,000 mg (1 oz) tincture
- Prices range from $49.95 to $149.95
Explore the USA-made MedTerra CBD oil options by visiting their website at MedTerra.com
#19 – Mary’s Nutritionals
So let’s get something straight; Mary’s Nutritionals is the sister company of Mary’s Medicinals (actually they’re the same company), which is one of the cannabis industry’s most established names in cannabis CBD oil – that is to say, CBD oil that is extracted from marijuana and only legal in states with medical legalization (and for those with valid MMJ cards). Mary’s Nutritionals is the legal “hemp-based” version of Mary’s Medicinals; they extract their products industrial hemp like all other brands on the list, and thus are able to ship to all 50 U.S. states. Truth be told I don’t have a ton of experience with them because they’re so expensive, but believe me – their “Remedy” line of CBD oils are easily the best products on the market. That is, if you’re ready to splurge the cash on them. Also, they’re the only company we’re aware of that sells a legal CBD transdermal patch that you use like a nicotine patch. I’ve never actually tried it before, but I heard it works incredibly well.
Mary’s Nutritionals Review: Highlights
- “Sister” brand of world-renowned Mary’s Medicinals (medical only cannabis CBD oil)
- Market’s only transdermal CBD patch
- Super expensive: $110 for a 12.5 g (less than ½ oz) bottle of “Remedy” CBD oil
Shop the complete range of Mary’s Medicinals Remedy CBD oil and other CBD-based products at MarysNutritionals.com
#20 – Infinite CBD
Infinite CBD specializes in CBD isolate, meaning CBD oils that are not full-spectrum and do not contain the full range of hemp extract. As such, I have hardly used them at all because I generally always prefer full-spectrum CBD tinctures. That being said, if you’re looking for isolate I would venture to say that Infinite CBD is the best CBD isolate oil on the market right now, hands down. If you need to avoid full-spectrum oils for drug testing purposes, definitely give them a try.
Infinite CBD Review: Highlights
- Deals exclusively in CBD isolate products
- 100% THC-free (great for avoiding positive drug test results from trace amounts of THC)
- Massive range of CBD isolate products including oil drops, antiseptic soap, oils for dogs, isolate vape liquids, CBD dabs, and much more
- CBD oil isolate drops range from $15 to $140
- Can choose from 16 different terpenes to add to the isolate oil so it tastes and smells like actual marijuana strains (choose from classic strains like Jack Herer, Pineapple Express, OG Kush, etc)
The only way to appreciate the full spectrum (no pun intended) of Infinite CBD’s isolate products is by perusing their online store at InfiniteCBD.com
Wrapping It Up: The 20 Best CBD Oils For Sale Online for 2020
Well there you have it – my list for the top 20 best CBD oils for sale in 2020. Let me reiterate the fact that I don’t have a ton of personal experience with each and every one of these brands, but I’ve dedicated the last couple of years to compiling reliable reviews to help average customers like you steer away from low-quality products. These are the companies I believe to be the best ones currently out there – at least as far as legal CBD for sale online. Honestly, it’s not easy finding the perfect tincture, and figuring out the best CBD oil for you personally will require some patience, due diligence, and a keen ability to listen to your body. If you have the energy and can dish out the time and effort though, I truly feel that you’ll be more than happy with the therapeutic potential of hemp-based CBD.
And lastly, if you’ve skipped through the entire reviews of the best CBD oils and are wanting to know what the absolute best CBD oil for 2020 is, based on my personal opinion it’s hands-down got to be PureKana!
You can check out their other range of premium-quality CBD products by visiting their online store at www.PureKana.com.
Oh, and don’t forget to use our 5% coupon code: 5OFFCBD1
Thanks for tuning in, and happy “CBD Shopping” from your friends at Shopping CBD!