About Koi CBD: Trustworthiness & Industry Prominence
Koi CBD was founded in 2015 and started by introducing just two products to the market. Since then, it’s added a lot more to its collection. The brand doesn’t seem to have a presence on Trustpilot, but you will find a ton of positive customer reviews on their official website – there are over 6800 reviews currently.
Unfortunately, Koi CBD has landed itself in a bit of legal trouble in the last few years.
- Lawsuits: In 2019, the company was accused of fraud in a class-action lawsuit. The lawsuit claimed that customers weren’t made aware that Koi’s products were illegal in the U.S. based on them being labeled and advertised as dietary supplements. However, the case was dismissed in 2020.
- FDA warning letter: Also in 2019, Koi CBD received an FDA warning letter because they branded products as dietary supplements or drugs and made conspicuous claims about its products on their blog. This content has since been removed from their website.
Quality, Credentials, & Lab Testing
Koi CBD is proud to be a part of driving CBD forward. The company is a member of the U.S. Hemp Round Table, Hemp Industries Association, and the California Hemp Council.
The brand is very committed to crafting premium-quality and takes the testing of its products very seriously. All products are tested by independent accredited labs to verify cannabinoid contents. These tests also check that products are free from harmful substances, such as pesticides and heavy metals. The lab then creates a detailed certificate of analysis (CoA) for each product batch – and these results are available for everyone to view on our website.
The COA’s are extremely detailed. However, some don’t show the limit of detection (LOD) or limit of quantification (LOQ) for THC. This makes it difficult to verify the amount of THC in the product.
Return Policy & Quality Assurance
Koi CBD’s mission is to create the standard of quality for CBD users everywhere. If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, you have the option to request a full refund within 30 days of the purchase date. However, the product must be at least 50% full. The company will inspect the product and then notify you on the status of your refund.
Koi provides free shipping on all US orders over $35. All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Looking at the shipping policy on the Koi CBD website, it isn’t clear whether the brand ships internationally.
Product Manufacturing Process
Koi CBD claims to manufacture a CBD extract with full traceability – from the raw material to the testing laboratory and all the way to the finished and packaged bottle. They even go so far as claiming to be ambassadors of responsible farming, extraction, and distribution.
It all starts with USA-grown hemp, which is carefully selected and tested to meet the highest standards of agricultural consistency and quality. The company uses CO2 extraction to extract the CBD. This process uses no solvents, which means no chemicals are left behind in the final product.
Additional Product Information
Koi CBD uses a rigid vendor screening process to source its hemp extract. The hemp is grown and extracted in the USA, which is how the brand claims to ensure it has the finest-quality CBD on the market. However, there is no information about specific locations or farms and vendors. Full ingredient lists are available on product packaging, as well as in product page descriptions.
Koi CBD Review: Highlights
One of the great things about Koi CBD is product traceability. The company claims that each batch of its CBD is fully traceable from seed to shelf. Read some more highlights about this brand below:
- Extensive Product Selection: Koi CBD offers customers a huge range of products to choose from. Both the CBD tinctures and vape juices are available in many different concentrations and flavors. Then, there’s also the CBD gummies and softgels, topicals, pet spray and soft chews, vape bars, and even inhalers. Seriously, you can get lost in the shop portion of the Koi CBD website - the selection is that great.
- Koi Rewards: Becoming a Koi CBD Rewards member gives customers the opportunity to earn exclusive discounts and offers every time you shop. You can earn points in several ways and eventually redeem points for exclusive discounts. Some ways to earn points include; creating an account, following the brand on Instagram and Facebook, reviewing products, and even as a birthday bonus. Additionally, you will receive one point for every dollar spent.
- Veteran Program: In an effort to give back to those who serve or have served in the US military, Koi runs a veteran program. This is a lifelong discount program that gives veterans a 25% discount on every order placed.
- Innovative and unique products: Koi CBD has at least two products that meet the definition of innovation - CBD inhalers and CBD pet spray. This is the first time we’ve come across CBD inhalers, which provide a very portable way for you to take CBD with you everywhere you go. The pet spray distinguishes itself in the “CBD for pets” niche because it has a higher potency than many other pet products on the market. Furthermore, its application is unique and easy to use.
- Freebie: With any order, you will receive a free two-piece Anytime Gummy sample and Tincture Sachet Sampler. And who doesn’t love a good freebie, right?
We’ve already mentioned it, but the fact that Koi CBD has had legal trouble in recent years is a major drawback. Both the lawsuit and FDA warning letter relates to transparency issues – the company appears to have misled customers through their product labeling and advertising efforts in the past. Although they seem to have cleaned up their act since then, this news is still a bit disconcerting.
Additionally, because we know about false claims the brand has made in the past, it makes it kind of difficult to believe everything they claim on their website – especially if it’s not backed up by evidence.
Where to Buy Koi CBD Products
The easiest and most convenient way to find the huge collection of Koi CBD products is right on the website. However, the brand’s products are also stocked by more than 200 distributors throughout California. There is a store finder on the company website, so you can find a distributor near you.
Best Koi CBD Products: Summary of Costs & Product Selection
Koi CBD’s line of products is truly extensive. See our full summary of each product category below.
Koi CBD tinctures come in six strengths, six flavors, and two different sized bottles for each variety (30ml and 60ml). Flavors include Natural, Spearmint, Peppermint, Strawberry, Orange, and Lemon-lime. The 30ml bottles come in 250mg, 500mg, 1,000mg, and 2,000mg potencies, while the 60ml bottles are available in 1,500mg and 3,000mg potencies. They also sell CBD Shots, with each 2.5 oz bottle delivering 25mg of CBD Flavors include; Peach Iced Tea, Raspberry Punch, and Watermelon.
[Cost Range $29.99 - $179.99]
Koi CBD sells a 500mg pain-relieving, roll-on gel, as well as a CBD Healing Balm available in 150mg, 500mg, and 1,000mg potency options. The healing balm will leave your skin feeling smooth and restored, while the pain-relieving gel is great for soothing sore joints and muscles.
[Cost Range $19.99 - $79.99]
The disposable vape bars are available in three flavors; Tropical Popsicle, Strawberry Milkshake, and Blue Raspberry Dragon Fruit. Each vape bar contains 100mg of CBD. You have the option to buy a single unit or a pack of ten.
[Cost Range $19.99 - $179.91]
The gummies are available in an “Anytime Balance” Berry Lemonade and “Nighttime Rest” Cherry Limeade varieties. Both varieties come in 200mg (20-count) and 600mg (60-count) potencies. The softgels are available in a “Regular” and “Nighttime” option. Both come in 30-count quantities, with each gummy containing 25mg of CBD.
[Cost Range $24.99 - $59.99]
Koi CBD Hemp Flower 1-gram pre-rolls come in three varieties; Special Sauce, Sour Space Candy, and Lifter. They also have 4-gram tins available in Sour Space Candy and Legendary OG. Additionally, the brand sells vape juice in seven flavors and three potency options; 250mg, 500mg, and 1,000mg.
[Cost Range $19.99 - $59.99]
The Koi CBD pet products include Pet Spray (500mg CBD) and Pet Soft Chews (25 treats). The pet spray comes in a 60ml bottle equating to 8.3mg of CBD per ml. Each of the pet treats contain 2mg of CBD.
[Cost Range $24.99 - $49.99]
The Koi CBD Inhaler is available in a Mojito Mint and Dreamsicle flavor. Each cartridge delivers a precise amount of premium hemp extract, providing 5mg of CBD per inhalation. The total CBD content per inhaler is 1,000mg, and there are 200 inhalations per device.
Koi CBD’s skincare range includes Moisturizer Cream, Facial Cleanser, Facial Serum, and Tightening Toner. Each product contains 500mg of CBD.
[Cost Range $59.99 - $99.99]
The Bath & Body range includes a variety of Bath Bombs and CBD Lotion. The lotions have a total CBD content of 200mg and are available in Citrus Burst, Lavender, and Pink Grapefruit varieties. The bath bombs have a total CBD content of 100mg and are also available in three varieties.
[Cost Range $7.99 - $29.99]
Koi CBD Review: Summary & Final Thoughts
Koi CBD has a huge range of products to choose from and a few unique offerings. But their reputation raises a few concerns. Although they’ve made some changes to their marketing materials and labeling, we’re still a bit wary about transparency issues.
Nonetheless, the company seems committed to redeeming itself by providing very detailed third-party lab reports and fine-tuning its manufacturing process. Based on flavors, quality, effects, experience, innovation, and overall price, Koi CBD certainly offers some products worth trying.