MedTerra CBD is one of those companies that could probably sell you off of the attractiveness and design quality of their website alone. However, upon closer inspection (i.e. once you actually read some of the information about them), you’ll see that they’re an entirely legitimate CBD oil brand with one of the most impressive pedigrees in the business.
For one, they grow 100% of their hemp under the strict guidelines of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture. Some people claim these guidelines are more rigorous than those employed in the Netherlands. And secondly, they are part of the Hemp Pilot Research Program, which means they are guaranteed to be 100% compliant with all of the articles listed under the federal U.S. Farm Bill. Simply put, you can be sure that every single one of their products will be safe, effective, and top-quality in terms of CBD potency.
Whether or not the popularity of MedTerra CBD oil will be affected by the newly-implemented Hemp Farming Act (which many are saying will have CBD products showing up in places like Walmart and Amazon) remains to be seen. Many customers will have to investigate the rules and regulations of CBD in their state before purchasing their products. But as of right now, they no doubt stack up as one of our favorite products on the market.
MedTerra Quick Summary
“Love the CBD/melatonin combo sleeping tablets. Knocks me out every time for a great night's sleep.”
Who Is MedTerra?
The majority of the MedTerra CBD team seems to come from a background of industrial farming (research, methodologies, etc.). Still, they also (wisely) employ a team of experts on food-grade compound extraction processes, vegetable genetics, and quality control – all of the right “ingredients” to make for the perfect CBD oil manufacturing company.
Moreover, MedTerra CBD Oil is a company that is 100% dedicated to the Hemp Pilot Research Program currently taking place in Kentucky. You may have noticed that the vast majority of U.S. industrial hemp (i.e., the raw material that legal CBD is extracted from) comes from one of these two states. But MedTerra is fully convinced that Kentucky-grown hemp is superior to those found in Colorado.
According to them, this simply has to do with the fact that the growing season is longer, and the soil is richer in terms of the availability of key nutrients (for the unaware, a large portion of Colorado is a veritable desert).
Now, of course, they are going to be a bit ‘biased’ given the fact that their operation is based in Kentucky, but we can certainly vouch for the quality, taste, purity, and effectiveness of their CBD oils.
MedTerra CBD Oil: Highlights
The quality and effectiveness of MedTerra CBD products is the most obvious highlight of the brand. But that goes without saying. Here are five other reasons why we love the company and what they stand for:
- Guaranteed 0% THC. There will be a never-ending debate with regard to the superiority of CBD isolates versus full-spectrum CBD oils, and vice-versa. Well you can have the best of both worlds as the company caters to both isolate and broad-spectrum fans. No matter which one you choose however, all of their products are guaranteed to contain 0% THC. There have been studies showing that CBD oil is more effective when taken as a “full-spectrum” tincture. Really, it’s just a matter of preference. MedTerra always uses THC-free extracts in order to operate under the guidelines of the updated 2018 Farm Bill. Although, the legality of CBD products themselves are still dependent on individual state rules.
- Raw material sourced from Kentucky Hemp Pilot Research Program. Like we mentioned earlier, the fact that MedTerra CBD oil tinctures are sourced from plants grown under the Hemp Pilot Research Program ensures that they are planted, cultivated, and harvested to the highest quality and standards in the USA.
- Transparency. Unlike the majority of companies out there, MedTerra CBD oil actually provides their contact information with operating business hours. They encourage you to call them to find out more about their products, and about CBD in general. In our opinion, this speaks volumes about who they are as a company and what their overall intentions are.
- Rewards Program. The goal for most people who use CBD medically or therapeutically is to find a company and a specific product that works for them and stick with it. MedTerra realizes this and has decided to offer an industry-best Rewards Program for their loyal, repeat customers. After registering with the Program (all you have to do is give them your email), you receive points every time you purchase something (2 points for every dollar spent), which can later be redeemed for $10 and $25 discounts. Also, you get $10 off automatically if you refer a friend.
- 100% USA-based brand. With the influx of low cost, poor quality hemp. It’s getting harder and harder to find a truly 100% U.S.-based brand. The entire MedTerra operation, however – from seed to end product – takes place in Kentucky. Moreover, due to their affiliation with the Hemp Pilot Program, all of their products are non-GMO and guaranteed to be free of contaminants, pesticides, heavy metals, bacteria, microbial life, and mycotoxins.
Due to the increasing popularity of vaping, the only thing that some people might be slightly disappointed by is MedTerra’s vape range. Or lack of, to be more accurate. They don’t have any vape-specific products, and you cannot vape their CBD oil tinctures. To date, their product range includes CBD oil tinctures, the CBD topical cream, CBD capsules, and even CBD pet products.
However, when companies like this only have a few products to choose from, it’s usually a sign that they emphasize quality over quantity, which is definitely a good thing.
“I buy the 25mg CBD capsules and take two a day. Lasts me the whole month - no question the best I've used.”
My Personal Experience with MedTerra CBD Oil
Like I said, between my wife and I we’ve used MedTerra’s CBD pain cream, the CBD sleeping tablets, and of course, the CBD oil tinctures.
The pain cream definitely had an effect on my joint pain, but I will say that the discomfort was only mild (I did something to my knee several weeks ago, and it has just been a little stiff). I don’t have chronic arthritis or anything like that, so I can’t comment on how it works for a more severe condition.
I have not tried the CBD/melatonin sleeping pills, but my wife has used them a few times and really seems to like them. The only thing that’s probably keeping her from taking them daily is she says her current prescription sleeping meds (Sonata) are a little more powerful. However, the fact that the CBD pills have virtually zero side effects make for a very compelling argument for a permanent switch.
And of course, the CBD oil tinctures are top-notch. I have used the 1,000mg CBD tincture , and it knocks my chronic migraines out within about 20 minutes, every time – pretty much just as reliable and effective as the PureKana oil that I normally take. My wife has actually used the oil for her sleep issues too, and while she said they’re not quite as ‘potent’ as the CBD/melatonin pills, they definitely helped a little bit.
- MedTerra Isolate CBD Oil Tincture. MedTerra CBD oil is made from a 99.6% pure CBD isolate (guaranteed zero THC), and comes in two different strengths: 1,000mg, and 2,000mg. Be advised that these are potent tinctures, as a single dose contains roughly 16mg of CBD (for the 500mg bottle), 33mg (for the 1,000mg bottle), and 100mg (for the 3,000mg bottle). All of MedTerra CBD oils are tasteless and odorless for ease of consumption.
- MedTerra Broad-Spectrum Tincture. The company also sells a range of broad-spectrum oils. These products contain a variety of naturally occurring terpenes and cannabinoids found in hemp. Customers can purchase this oil in two delicious flavors, Citrus and Strawberry Mint, as well as an unflavored variety. In terms of potency, the company sells a 1,000mg and 2,000mg strength.
- MedTerra CBD Rapid Cooling Cream. MedTerra’s topical CBD cream is infused with Arnica and Menthol, which makes it pretty “icy” but amazing for quick delivery across dermal membranes of the skin. This is a powerful cream containing 100ml of CBD in just 3.4 oz (I have used it for mild joint pain, and it is an absolute wonder). I have also heard it is fantastic for sore muscles, arthritis pain, and general aches and pains.
- MedTerra CBD Gel Capsules. CBD gel capsules aren’t as popular as regular oil tinctures – they are mostly used by people who either don’t like the taste of hemp oil or who prefer the convenience of just swallowing a single, pre-dosed capsule. MedTerra’s capsules come in bottles of 30 and are available in strengths of either 25mg or 50mg per capsule. Capsules are usually faster-acting than oils, but since they have to go through the digestive system, they usually end up being slightly less potent, and the effects typically don’t last as long.
- MedTerraCBD & Melatonin Sleeping Pills. These are actually starting to become pretty popular, and my wife has used them several times with decent success for her chronic sleep issues. Each pill contains 25mg of CBD, as well as 10mg of melatonin (which is a natural, known sleep-promoter). If you are sensitive to melatonin, you can break the tablet in half and put the CBD portion under your tongue before bed to dissolve (takes about 90 seconds) before swallowing. If you want the effects of both the CBD and the melatonin, simply swallow it like a regular pill. Taking into consideration that a common use of CBD is for sleep aid, these might very well “catch on” in the mainstream here pretty soon and become super popular. They have a nice, fresh spearmint flavor, and the ease-of-use is really helpful.
- MedTerra CBD Pet Products. If you are looking for some pet-friendly CBD products, then you’ll be pleased to hear you can find both oil and soft chews on their site. Customers can choose from either chicken, beef, or unflavored oils. You can then choose between 150mg, 300mg, or 750mg. However, the soft chews only come in a 300mg strength.
- MedTerra CBD Oil Tincture. All MedTerra CBD oil comes in a 1 oz dropper bottle (for oral use under the tongue). They are available in three different potencies: 500mg ($59.99), 2,000mg ($99.99)
- MedTerra Broad-Spectrum Tincture. The 1,000mg potency costs $59.99, while the 2,000mg costs $99.99
- MedTerra Rapid Cooling Cream. The MedTerra CBD topical cooling cream comes in a 3.4 fl oz pump bottle and comes in two different strengths: 250mg ($49.99) or 750mg ($77.99)
- MedTerra CBD Gel Capsules. The CBD gel capsules come in bottles of 30 and are available in strengths of either 25mg/50mg capsule ($44.99), or 50mg/capsule ($66.99)
- MedTerraCBD + Melatonin Sleeping Pills. The CBD/melatonin sleeping tablets come in bottles of 30 (each tablet contains 25mg of CBD and 10mg of melatonin), for a price of $55.99
- MedTerra CBD Pet Products. You can choose the 150mg for $19.99, the 300mg for $29.99, or the 750mg for $39.99. If you are interested in the soft chews, you can purchase the Joint Support variety for $34.99 or the Calming product for $29.99.
“Good company, great customer service, great products - I'm a Medterra fan for life.”
Final Verdict on MedTerra CBD Oil
MedTerra CBD is one of the best brands in the business for a few different reasons. For one, the fact that their hemp comes from the Kentucky Hemp Pilot Research Program ensures that it’s some of the purest and cleanest in the country. At least, that’s what those who grow there say.
Also, I personally appreciate the fact that they’re one of the few remaining 100% U.S.-based brands. Since it’s so much cheaper to import low-quality hemp from India or China, it really says a lot about a company when they spare no expense to keep their entire operation domestic.
Overall their products are maybe a little too expensive if you’re just starting out with CBD and want to see how it works for you, but if you’re an avid CBD oil user and are looking to switch to a more high-quality tincture, I really think you’ll be pleased with these guys. Also, if you’re looking into using CBD for sleep aid, definitely check out their unique CBD/melatonin combination sleeping pills.