CBD Essence is considered to be one of the leaders when it comes to efficient CBD extraction methods from the raw hemp plant, and this is pretty much the sole reason we were drawn to them as a brand. A lot of people are under the assumption that “hemp is hemp,” and all CBD products are relatively similar in terms of their effectiveness. This couldn’t be farther from the truth.
The fact of the matter is that quality extraction is literally what makes or breaks a CBD manufacturer. Since extremely large volumes of raw hemp have to be processed in order to extract therapeutic amounts of CBD, if the process isn’t done right you’re simply not going to get an effective product. And believe us, there are a lot of ineffective products out there.
CBD Essence uses only high-pressure CO2 extraction with state of the art technology, so you can rest assured that all of their products have functional amounts of the therapeutic compound, and will work at the medicinal level to help treat conditions like pain, arthritis, anxiety, and depression. And just to prove it, CBD Essence offers updated lab reports from all of their third-party product analyses.
Another thing that we love about this brand is the huge range of CBD, hemp-based products that they sell. While their oil tinctures are pretty much their flagship product, they also manufacturer edibles, capsules, CBD vape liquids, pastes, topical creams, and even CBD pet treats.
Also, while their prices certainly aren’t the lowest in the industry, they are extremely competitive when compared to other leading brands. For example, their medicinal oil tinctures range from $24 for the least-concentrated bottle, to $79 for the most concentrated. 100% recommended if you’re looking for good quality CBD at a relatively budget price.
CBD Essence Quick Summary
“After trying half-a-dozen other brands, the ONLY CBD topical that worked for my arthritis pain.”
Who Is CBD Essence:
CBDEssence is actually part of the well known hemp brand NutraHemp, who is one of the industry’s most well-established manufacturers of hemp-infused extracts and legal food grade products. Their products like Hemp Taffy, Hemp Chill Pill, and Hemp Pets for example, have been around for years and are widely known as some of the best and highest quality nutritional hemp supplements on the market. (In addition to being a prime source of CBD, hemp is actually an extremely nutritional food source).
In fact, CBD Essence has been in the hemp game long before they were actually known as “CBD Essence,” and long before CBD saw its boom in popularity for use as a medical therapy.
Since then, they have translated their wealth of knowledge regarding the hemp plant (as well as their connections and access to some of the world’s highest-quality hemp cultivators) into one of the most efficiently-operating CBD producers in the industry. Every single one of their products is lab tested, non-GMO, and 100% sustainably grown on unspoiled farm land without the use of pesticides or synthetic fertilizers.
CBD Essence Highlights
Here’s a few of the things that stand out the most in regard to the lineup of medical grade CBD Essence hemp products:
- Every one of their products is made from a fully-sustainable hemp source, which basically means the raw hemp material is grown without added substances that may end up as residue in the final product (this is particularly important for tinctures and CBD vape oils, where carcinogens like formaldehyde and acetaldehyde may result if not extracted properly)
- They utilize reputable third-party lab testing to make the quality and contents of each of their CBD products transparent to the consumer (the importance of this cannot be understated — do NOT consider buying CBD oils that haven’t been third-party lab tested, as the unregulated nature of the industry is making for some very questionable products to make their way onto the market)
- All of their raw material is sourced from 100% non-GMO hemp that’s grown on unspoiled, non-fertilized farmland without the use of synthetic pesticides
- They are one of the only manufacturers in the industry to offer wholesale bulk CBD to the public, including bulk CBD isolate powder that you can make to use any variety of your own CBD edibles, topicals, oils, etc (checkout out the “CBD Bulk” option under the Products page, or contact them directly to inquire about their exclusive CBD Private Label and/or White Label products)
- Each of their products is full-spectrum cannabis, meaning that along with CBD, other active cannabis compounds are present including terpenes, essential hemp oils, and other phytonutrients (this is crucial for maintaining what’s known as the “entourage effect,” which basically ensures maximum therapeutic and pain relief)
If there’s one thing that we would openly criticize CBD Essence about, it’s that their website should be a little more transparent! Like we’ve mentioned, their products are top notch – there’s no question about that. But for those out there looking for the best CBD oils based on certain criteria, they may have a difficult time finding out where on the site it talks about the extraction methods they use, where they source their hemp from, where they can access their third-party lab reports, etc.
Indeed all of that information is on the site, but like we said it should be right there on the main page (or even in every product description), rather than tucked away back in the “About” section in big blocks of (potentially) confusing text.
In any regard it’s a small complaint to make, given the quality of CBD Essence’s products and their overall price-to-quality ratio.
“Never going back to OTC meds for my migraines -- thank you CBD Essence!!”
My Personal Experience:
Believe it or not, I actually got introduced to CBD Essence by trying their NutraHemp Hemp Taffy – which, by the way, is fantastic if you have never tried it or never heard of it.
Anyway after falling in love with the Taffy (and also coincidentally the CBD pet treats), I decided to give their CBD vape oil a try because the company whose tinctures I was using at the time didn’t offer any vaping products. I was surprised by the overall smooth taste and smooth hits of the vape, but more importantly of course, was taken aback by the therapeutic effects that it had.
Since first tying the vape oil, my wife and I have tried virtually all of CBD Essence’s products, and we’ve become particularly partial to their Active CBD Muscle Rub topical for our seemingly never-ending achy muscles and joints — when you get to be our age, after all, stuff like that is pretty much a daily occurence!
CBD Essence currently offers one of the most complete range of hemp-based CBD products in the cannabis industry. This includes: CBD edibles, CBD capsules, CBD oil tinctures, CBD pastes, CBD vape oils, CBD topicals, and CBD pet products.
- Their edibles include two products in the Hemp Taffy lineup: their trademark chocolate flavored chewy taffy, and a slightly newer chewy CBD peppermint candy, both of which are fantastic.
- Capsule options come in five different sizes (10, 30, 60, 90, and 120-capsule bottles), and are preferable for those who have trouble taking the CBD oil tincture (which you have to hold under your tongue for about 90 seconds before swallowing… some people have trouble with this).
- The CBD oil tinctures are more or less the flagship product, as the majority of medicinal users prefer this option for relief from a wide range of conditions. They currently offer three different potencies/strengths that come in 150, 300, or 600 mg bottles.
- The CBD paste is by far CBD Essence’s most expensive product, and it makes sense as this is an extremely concentrated/potent mixture, reserved for those with severe struggles with pain, seizures, mental disorders, etc.
- The vape products like we mentioned earlier are super smooth tasting and very effective in terms of therapy, and they currently come in pre-filled cartridges (to use with your own vape pen), or all-inclusive kits where you get the e-liquid cartridge, the vape pen, and a charger. Additionally, they also offer larger size bottles of CBD vape oil that you can use to refill non-disposable cartridges.
- The CBD pet treats currently come in four different options that includes 20 mg CBD dog biscuits (preferable for large size dogs), CBD oil doggie drops that you can mix in with food, smaller CBD biscuits for small to medium size dogs, and a smokey flavor CBD oil “dog lick” that you basically put in a dish and the dog licks it up.
- And lastly, they offer one CBD topical option called the Active Sport Muscle Rub, which like we mentioned earlier works wonders on aching muscles and general day-to-day soreness. We’ve also heard that people have had great success with it in treating mild forms of arthritis, simply by rubbing it into the inflamed joint area.
Like we said earlier, CBD Essence offers fantastic value and one of the best quality-to-price ratios in the cannabis industry. Here are their current online prices across the range of CBD products:
- Hemp Taffy edibles range from $29 – $99.95
- Capsules range from $29 for a 10 capsule bottle, to $229.95 for a 120 capsule bottle (Each capsule contains 35 mg of CBD)
- The oil tinctures range from $24 for the .5 oz/150 mg bottle, to $79 for a 600 mg/2 oz bottle (They also have a special “4-pack” offer for $132 on the 300 mg bottle, where you essentially buy three bottles and get a fourth free
- The extremely concentrated decarboxylated pastes range from $420 for a 100 g bottle, to $2,900 for a bulk-size 1 kg tub
- The CBD vape oils range from $19.99 for a single pre-filled cartridge, to $39.99 for the all-inclusive kit (vape pen included). You can also buy bottles to use for re-fillable cartridges (they have a 420 mg bottle for $45 and an 820 mg for $79.99). And finally, they have a special offer on three pre-filled cartridges for $49 (basically save $20 when you buy three at a time)
- The pet care products range from $6.99 – $89.99
- The CBD Topical Muscle Rub is $24.99 for a 2 oz bottle
- *Also, CBD Essence offers bulk CBD either in the form of oil tinctures ($299 for an 8 oz bottle, $560 for a 16 oz, or $999 for a 32 oz bottle) or pure isolated powder concentrate (starts at $1,500) which you can use to make your own CBD blends, edibles, topicals, pastes, etc).
Have a look at the company website for CBD Essence reviews left by customers.
“Love the Hemp Taffy edibles. Truly exceptional.”
Like we’ve mentioned a few times, we have really become partial to CBD Essence based on their wealth of knowledge in regard to CBD extraction processes from the raw hemp material. A lot of companies out there only offer a single CBD product (usually an oil tincture), but given their state of the art equipment and experience in the field, CBD Essence is able to offer a complete range of products without sacrificing quality or efficiency in any of them.
And of course, their price points are second-to-none in terms of overall value; if you’re just starting off using CBD oil and want to see if it works for you before dropping a bunch of money on a more expensive brand, then this may be a great place to start.