About the Company: Lazarus Naturals CBD
Lazarus Naturals was founded by Sequoia Price-Lazarus in 2014 with the goal to create a CBD company that operates on a farm-to-front-door business model. They started out selling CBD products at farmer’s markets and quickly grew to become an industry leader.
The company is wholeheartedly committed to serving the community and launched the Lazarus Assistance Program in an effort to make CBD more affordable to those who really need it. Additionally, Lazarus Naturals has partnered with several non-profit organizations to further extend its help to communities in need. In 2020, the brand pledged to donate $100,000 every year to social justice causes.
Third-Party Lab Testing
By overseeing every stage of the product manufacturing process from the farm to your door, aside from the delivery truck (as they put it), Lazarus Naturals claims to deliver consistent, high quality, and effective products. Each product comes with a Certificate of Analysis (CoA) so customers can check its potency, purity, and safety.
Lazarus Naturals uses Columbia Laboratories to test its products, and the lab reports provided are very comprehensive. The first page is a consolidated test results summary, while full test results are given in the several pages that follow. The report includes test results for cannabinoid content, potency, and the presence of heavy metals, pesticides, residual solvents, and microbials. These reports are up-to-date and provided for each product batch.
Does the company have a return policy?
Lazarus Naturals has a very lenient 90-day return policy. They allow customers to return any product purchased within a 90-day timeframe for any reason and get a full refund. Moreover, the company states that in certain circumstances beyond 90-days, partial refunds may be granted. This is certainly one of the best return policies we’ve seen offered by a CBD brand.
How are Lazarus Naturals products made?
Lazarus Naturals is committed to managing every part of the process, from its hemp farms to extraction, formulation, and packaging. They have a strong focus on consistency and sustainability and grow organic, non-GMO hemp in Central Oregon. Once harvested, the hemp is dried using low temperatures and airflow to contain terpene content. Then, the hemp is tested for heavy metals, pesticides, and levels of potency.
Next, the company uses cryogenic ethanol to extract cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids from the hemp. It’s then filtered to remove any impurities and formulated with effective ingredients to create a top-quality product. The manufacturing facilities used are CGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) compliant. Once complete, the end products are sent to a third-party lab to be tested for purity and potency.
Other things to know about these products
Lazarus Naturals sells both full-spectrum and THC-free products. All ingredients used are carefully selected to ensure maximum effectiveness. Each product comes with a full list of ingredients that can be found on the product label, as well as under the product description on the website.
The company has a strong focus on sustainability and, therefore, uses biodegradable and recycled materials to package its products.
Lazarus Naturals CBD Review: Highlights
There is a lot to love about Lazarus Naturals. But here are a few of the things that really make this brand stand out from the crowd:
- Free Shipping: The company offers free shipping on orders over $25 - a lower benchmark than many other brands. Orders under $25 have a flat shipping fee of $3.50. All orders placed before 11:45 am Pacific Time are shipped the same day, or if placed later, they will be sent out for delivery the following day.
- Transparency: Lazarus Naturals has a strong commitment to transparency and has a website full of all relevant information related to its farming practices and production process. Additionally, the company provides very comprehensive lab reports for each product batch and is also transparent about its efforts to be more environmentally and socially responsible.
- High Potency line of CBD: In terms of potency, it’s rare to find a CBD oil brand that offers more than 25mg of CBD per serving/dose. Lazarus’ High Potency line, however, packs a whopping 50mg dose per serving - 6,000mg per 120ml bottle. Additionally, it’s very affordable compared to some of the “more popular” brands out there.
- Lazarus Assistance Program: Through its assistance program, Lazarus Naturals offers veterans, the disabled, and households that qualify as low-income earners a 60% discount on all products. This is already a very affordable brand, and by providing further discounts, they hope to make CBD accessible to everyone, especially those who rely on its benefits.
- Giving Back: Lazarus Naturals is passionate about serving the community and, as part of its charitable initiatives, has donated funds to several organizations over the last year. These include The Epilepsy Foundation, America’s VetDogs, and WIN (Women In Need). Additionally, during the covid-19 pandemic, the company converted some of its production space to make hand sanitizer for healthcare and correctional facilities.
The biggest concern we have with Lazarus Naturals is that they don’t use CO2 extraction to extract plant materials. Most top brands these days use the solvent-free CO2 method because it’s widely believed to be safer and does not denature the CBD compound. However, Lazarus uses a Kosher ethanol solvent to extract the active compound from the hemp plant material, which is probably why they’re able to offer such potent products at affordable prices.
That said, when done correctly and responsibly, solvent-based CBD extraction can be very productive and safe. Lazarus Naturals is probably one of the few brands out there that knows how to properly work with chemical solvents. The lab reports confirm that products are pure and free of dangerous chemical residues.
Where to Buy Lazarus Naturals CBD Products
The best place to shop for Lazarus Naturals products is directly on the company website. The website is easy-to-navigate, and the shopping experience is straightforward and enjoyable. Moreover, you are entitled to free shipping if you spend over $25 – which isn’t a huge benchmark.
Alternatively, the brand’s products are available to purchase at a number of retail partners. There is a store locator on the company website, which allows customers to search for retail locations in their area.
Best Lazarus Naturals CBD Products: What do they sell?
Lazarus Naturals has a decent product range to shop from, including tinctures, capsules and softgels, topicals, concentrates, and a CBD pets line. Below we will look at the best-sellers.
Lazarus Naturals has high potency and standard potency CBD tinctures. The high potency varieties contain 50mg of CBD per ml and come in 15ml (750mg), 60ml (3,000mg), and 120ml (6,000mg) bottles. The standard potency line contains 20mg of CBD per ml and comes in 15ml (300mg), 60ml (1,200mg), and 120ml (2,400mg) bottles. Flavors include Classic, Birthday Cake, Chocolate Mint, French Vanilla Mocha, Blood Orange, and more. There are full-spectrum and THC-free varieties, as well as a 1:1 CBG:CBD option and CBG Isolate variety.
[Cost Range from $12 to $120]
The capsules are THC-free and come in 25mg CBD concentrations in two varieties: Energy Blend and Relaxation. There are 10ct, 40ct, and 200ct quantities. Additionally, Lazarus Naturals sells CBD softgels in four CBD concentrations: 25mg, 50mg, 100mg, and 200mg.
[Cost range from $10 to $200]
Lazarus Naturals has a wide line of CBD topicals, including CBD Balm, CBD Lotion, and CBD Massage Oil. The CBD Balm comes in either 400mg or 1,200mg CBD concentrations and is available in an unscented option, as well as lavender, soothing mint, portland rose, and cedar citrus scents. The lotions and massage oils are also available in several scents, as well as concentrations.
[Cost Range from $12 to $70]
Lazarus Naturals CBD Review: Summary & Final Thoughts
Lazarus Naturals is a CBD brand that strives to create CBD products that are high-quality and effective but not expensive. They are passionate about making CBD accessible to everyone who could benefit from its use, no matter their circumstances. Although we don’t like the fact that the company uses cryogenic ethanol rather than CO2 extraction to extract hemp plant materials, lab reports prove that products are high-quality and free of potentially harmful ingredients.
We love the passion and commitment that Lazarus Naturals CBD shows towards environmental and social responsibilities. This is a brand that is all about respecting people and the planet, and these efforts are demonstrated through their partnerships with numerous non-profit organizations.