In the largely unregulated market of CBD, it’s essential that you purchase your goods from a reputable and trustworthy brand that you can rely on. This is the reason that numerous residents are making their way over to Holland & Barrett to indulge in the CBD trend. The health chain first introduced CBD to their stores at the beginning of 2018, and within the first few weeks, sales had increased by an incredible 37%!
Holland & Barrett don’t manufacture their own CBD, but they are the retailers of two other brands. The key supplier is Jacob Hooy, whose goods you will find on the Holland & Barrett site, and also in stores all across the country.
As you are most likely already aware, CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that originates from the cannabis plant. It’s typically used in the treatment of numerous medical conditions ranging from both chronic and acute pain to anxiety and depression. If the THC level in CBD oil is below 0.2%, it’s deemed as legal to buy and use in the U.K.
Thanks to its connection with the Holland & Barrett name, the Jacob Hooy CBD+ Oil has managed to build a real name for itself. But does this mean that these goods really worth your hard earned cash? As part of this Holland & Barrett CBD brand review, we are going to take a closer look at this range of CBD oils along with the other CBD goodies that can be bought at your local Holland & Barrett store.
Holland & Barrett Quick Summary
“Such a short space of time that I’ve been using the CBD oil and the effects are outstanding. Has worked incredibly well for my insomnia and anxiety.”
Who is Holland Barrett?
Holland & Barrett is a health and wellness retailer considered to be a world leader in the industry. They are the largest health chain store in Europe. The store is known for offering consumers a wide range of minerals, vitamins, specialist foods, natural beauty, health supplements, and now, CBD products.
The company has more than 145 years of experience in health and wellness. The Holland & Barrett name is one that is known in just about every area across the United Kingdom. Furthermore, it’s starting to become more and more popular in countries outside the U.K., spanning into markets as diverse as Malta and the Netherlands, as well as the UAE, India, and China.
There are more than 1,300 Holland Barrett stores, and the brand focus is on living a healthy lifestyle. The goal of the company is to enhance its users well-being by delivering the highest value, best quality wellness products, and nutritional supplements, improving the well-being of those all around the world, one happy customer at a time.
Moving onto Jacob Hooy – who is, of course, the key supplier of the store’s CBD goods – it’s a company originating in the Netherlands who had humble beginnings as an herb stand in Amsterdam, started by Jacob Hooy himself. This story goes all the way back to 1743 – long before Holland & Barrett was around. At only 21 years old, Hooy started a drugstore shop, which now so many years later is still considered to be the place to go for authentic treatment and natural remedies.
Most of the CBD goodies that are stocked by the store are from Jacob Hooy – all but one in fact. There’s a selection of oils, capsules, and one other unique product in stock, which we will take a look at below.
Holland Barrett CBD Highlights
Here are some of the things that we love most about Holland & Barrett CBD:
- Hemp Seed Oil: The Jacob Hooy goods are produced from hemp seed oil, which means that they contain a variety of minerals and vitamins alongside amino acids, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, proteins, and linoleic acid. This means that their selection of goods are very healthy and perfect for anyone who is wanting to maintain their health.
- Free Shipping Over £20: When you spend over £20 shipping is free, and your order will be delivered within three working days. Next day delivery is free when you spend £60 or more. We always love when companies offer a free shipping option.
- Awards: The company has received numerous awards over the years. Some of these include; 2016 Retail Week Speciality Retailer of the Year Award, Coventry Telegraph Business Award 2016 – Retail Business of the Year, The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise: International Trade, and Ranked Number 7 in The Sunday Times Grant Thornton Top Track 250.
- Customer Loyalty: Holland & Barrett is fully committed to providing customers with the best possible service. They launched a rewards program in 2011, which means that customers can earn points when they spend, and then use those points towards future purchases.
- Charitable Giving: Holland & Barrett has its own foundation called Healthy Hope, and every year they donate a significant sum of funds to Rainbows Children’s Hospice in Loughborough. They also donate to various other institutions across the spectrum of health and well-being, the protection and improvement of the environment, and education relating to health, wellbeing, and the environment.
Holland Barrett CBD: Negative Thoughts
The Jacob Hooy goods contain a very low potency with a concentration of between 2.75% and 5%. This might be perfect for complete beginners, but even then, it’s rather low, and you will require more drops of CBD oil to get the desired effects.
We’re not sure why Jacob Hooy doesn’t offer stronger products, but we really hope that they consider adding higher potency CBD products to their range in the future. The current products may be more suitable at the 5% level, but the oil is not likely to last very long. Regular CBD users (especially those looking to treat serious conditions) will definitely require stronger products than what Jacob Hooy currently offers.
“Thoroughly enjoy the spray. It’s great tasting and so convenient to use. I spray under the tongue so it's nice to have different flavors and I can keep it in my bag. It also offers fast delivery.”
Holland Barrett CBD Products
- CBD Oils: There are four CBD oil options: 10 ml of 2.75% oil, 30 ml of 2.75% oil, 10 ml of 5% oil, and 30 ml of 5% oil. As we’ve mentioned, the lower strength oil will probably be ineffective for people with severe and chronic conditions. Each bottle of CBD oil comes with a 1 ml dropper. 1 ml of the 5% oil equates to 50 mg CBD.
- CBD Capsules: The capsules come in a bottle of 60 pills, and each one contains 2.75% CBD. This is equivalent to taking 8 drops of the lower strength oil. There is only one strength (option) for the capsules – the bottle contains 10 mg CBD.
- Other CBD Products: There isn’t a large collection of CBD products. But Jacob Hooy also offers Hemp Herbal Tea Bags and CBD coconut oil.
Holland Barrett CBD: Costs
- CBD Oils: The CBD oils range in price between £19.99 and £59.99 depending on the strength. Holland Barrett also sometimes has half-price deals, which means that you can buy the oils at half the price!
- CBD Capsules: The bottle of 60 capsules is sold for £34.99. But you could also get these on a half-price deal.
- Other CBD Products: The Hemp tea bags are sold in a pack of 20 for £5.99, and the CBD coconut oil is sold for £26.99 for a 250 ml bottle.
“Great product, it helps a lot with relaxation and deep sleep. Has been great for improved sleep quality and consistency. Great value for money and pleasant taste and aroma.”
Final Thoughts on Holland & Barrett CBD
Holland & Barrett is one of the most trustworthy health and wellness chains in the U.K. Furthermore, Jacob Hooy is a longstanding and trustworthy brand that is renowned for its knowledge in the arena of natural medicines and holistic treatment options. If you are thinking about starting to use CBD, this may just be the perfect brand to begin with.
However, if you are an experienced CBD consumer, you most probably won’t be happy with these products. They are very low potency, and if you’re already a regular CBD user, you are most probably looking for something stronger than this.