About Gold Standard: Inspiring a Healthy Lifestyle
Gold Standard CBD was founded by Zion Greenfield and Lucas Brown in 2017. Striving for unrivaled quality in the U.S. market, this is a brand that wants to be at the forefront of the cannabis movement – inspiring a new generation who views the plant as a standard to a healthy lifestyle.
The company website is nicely designed with plenty of information on CBD, its potential benefits, and the legality of CBD products. The brand is also active on social media, with a Facebook and Instagram page, as well as a YouTube channel.
Transparency and Third-party Lab Reports
Gold Standard claims that one of its key values is transparency. Therefore, we were disappointed to find that third-party lab reports don’t seem to take priority. In the CBD market, lab testing is one of the most important factors when looking at how trustworthy and transparent a brand is.
Fortunately, many of the products do come with a Certificate of Analysis (CoA), which can be found under product descriptions. However, some products, like the hemp drops and hemp gummies, seem to be missing lab reports, which is problematic. It’s worth noting, though, that the lab reports we checked were up to date.
Does Gold Standard have a Return Policy?
Gold Standard has a 30-day return policy. However, items must be unused, unopened, and in the original packaging to qualify for a refund. That said, they do state on the website that if you’re experiencing any issues with a product to contact the customer service team, who will do their best to assist you.
If you do return an item, the original shipping cost will not be refunded, but the company will not charge you the return shipping fee.
Gold Standard’s Manufacturing Methods
Gold Standard CBD has its own farm, which is located in Southern Oregon. Known for its ideal growing conditions, Oregon is one of the best states in the U.S. when it comes to hemp cultivation.
The company claims to use organic practices, along with a slow curing process and hand trimming techniques to ensure premium-quality CBD products. However, they don’t give any specific details on what extraction method is used to draw out the cannabidiol and other compounds from the hemp plant.
What’s in the Products?
Gold Standard’s hemp flower is packed with high CBD content and rich terpene profiles. Terpenes used include limonene, myrcene, pinene, and more. You can find the full list of terpenes and exact CBD content under each flower description.
The hemp drops are available in both full-spectrum and broad-spectrum varieties. The full-spectrum options contain full-spectrum distillate and MCT oil, while the broad-spectrum line contains THC-free broad spectrum distillate, MCT oil, and hemp seed oil. The gummies and topical use full-spectrum hemp. Most products come with a full list of ingredients, so you know exactly what’s in each item.
Gold Standard CBD Review: Highlights
There is a lot to love about Gold Standard CBD. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Oregon-grown hemp: The source of CBD can have a big impact on overall quality. Gold Standard cultivates and produces products in Oregon. All products are non-GMO, which means that they’re made from ingredients that aren’t genetically modified. This contributes to the high quality of the products, so consumers can feel good about adding Gold Standard formulas to their lifestyle.
- Focus on smokable CBD products: Compared to most other CBD brands we review, Gold Standard is unique in that they have a strong focus on CBD products that are designed to be smoked. One of the brand’s best-sellers is their hemp stix (cigarettes), as well as the hemp flower, which is typically smoked. We love that they offer customers something different from the norm.
- Well-priced products and promotions: When you visit the Gold Standard website and browse through their product range, you will see that their products are quite affordable. But they also offer great discounts and giveaways for loyal subscribers. You can find discount codes on their Facebook and Instagram pages. Currently, they are offering 25% off first-time orders by using the code “INSTA25.”
- CBD blog: The company website features a CBD blog, which is packed with helpful and relevant CBD-related articles. Plus, the blog seems to be updated pretty regularly, with the latest post being published in March 2021.
- Gold CBD rewards: The company has a rewards program, which allows subscribers to earn points as they shop. There are also several other ways to earn points, such as following the Instagram page and sharing the Facebook page. These points can then be used for discounts.
We’ve already mentioned that transparency is an issue with this brand. Another downside is that they do not offer free shipping at all. Many other brands have a minimum spend requirement, whereby if customers spend the specified amount or more, they qualify for free shipping. It’s unusual to come across a CBD company that does not have any shipping deals.
Additionally, the brand doesn’t offer low-potency hemp drops, which means that they may be too strong for some customers. The lowest-potency option is 1,000mg.
Where to Buy Gold Standard CBD
It appears as though the only place to purchase Gold Standard’s products is directly from the company website. The good news is that the site is nicely organized, well laid-out, and easy-to-navigate, so the shopping process should be pretty straightforward.
We couldn’t find any information on where the company ships to specifically, but we’re assuming they deliver throughout the United States.
Best Gold Standard Products: Hemp Flower and More
Gold Standard has a wide product selection that offers a little something for everyone. Below is an overview of some of their most popular varieties.
The Hemp Flower comes in several varieties, including Hawaiian Haze, Bubba Kush, Lifter, Sour Space Candy, Suver Haze, White CBG, Moonrocks, and more. Each option comes in one or more of several sizes ranging between 1 gram and 28 grams. All CBD flower varieties contain minimal THC and have versatile uses.
[Cost Range: $11 to $110]
These pre-rolled hemp cigarettes are available in several varieties, including Original, Mint, Bold, Kush, Elektra, and more. They come in single-roll options or packs of 10. The single roll potencies include 75mg, 100mg, and 150mg options.
[Cost Range: $5 to $25]
The Tinctures are available in broad-spectrum and full-spectrum varieties, and come in three potencies: 1,000mg, 2,000mg, and 2,500mg. There is a CBD:CBG 1:1, CBD:CBG 2:1, CBD:CBG 3:1, and Kush variety.
[Cost Range: $50 to $119]
The hemp gummies are available in two strengths: 250mg (10ct) and 750mg (30ct). In both options, every gummy contains 25mg of CBD. Every jar contains four flavors, including Sour Strawberry, Sour Apple, Mango, and Watermelon. All-natural flavors and colors are used, and the gummies are gluten-free.
[Cost Range: $18 to $45]
Gold Standard CBD Review: Summary & Final Thoughts
Gold Standard CBD offers several interesting products, the most popular being their Hemp Stix. They’re a unique brand with a clear purpose – to show consumers that high-quality CBD smoking products also have a place amongst cannabis enthusiasts. The company uses premium-grade, non-GMO hemp and excellent ingredients in its products.
For a brand that specifically lists transparency as one of its core values, however, Gold Standard is not living up to the expected standard. Nonetheless, there are many positive attributes that, fortunately, outweigh the negatives. This is definitely a company that is committed to providing customers with high-quality products.