Hemp cigarettes are one of the latest CBD products gaining a lot of traction. Many people prefer smoking hemp over smoking cannabis because hemp has a higher CBD content level and is now legal – thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill. Gold Standard CBD is a company that specializes in CBD smoking products. You can find our full Gold Standard CBD brand review below.
Although smoking CBD isn’t the only way to consume this increasingly popular compound, it’s widely considered to be one of the most effective ways to experience the therapeutic benefits. Out of all the ways you can think of using CBD, smoking (inhalation) offers the most effective method of delivery, which means the effects can be felt almost immediately after use.
Gold Standard CBD sells an assortment of CBD smoking products, including Hemp Stix, CBD flower, and a range of vape cartridges. They also sell a selection of Hemp Drops and Honey Stix for anyone looking for a little more variety.
If you’re someone who enjoys the benefits of smoking CBD, then read on to find out why customers love the Gold Standard CBD brand so much.
Gold Standard CBD Quick Summary
“I bought the 75mg Hemp Stix and was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the smoke was. I felt the effects within 1-2 minutes after my last inhale. I became incredibly calm and relaxed.”
Who Is Gold Standard CBD?
Gold Standard CBD was founded by Zion Greenfield and Lucas Brown in 2017. The two saw the need for a CBD product that was unrivaled in quality to any others on the market and could compete with the high-THC products that are typically found in marijuana dispensaries. Both Lucas and Zion have always been passionate about cannabis but understand the long-term effects that using THC regularly can have.
What they, along with many others, have discovered is that you can be your higher self, without the high (THC) – hence the creation of Gold Standard CBD. The company produces its own hemp and are the proud creators of several hemp-based products. According to its website, the hemp used is organically grown in Oregon, USA.
The Gold Standard mission is to motivate, educate, and inspire a new generation who recognize cannabis as a standard for leading a healthy lifestyle. It’s a small company with about 20 employees but is growing rapidly. They were the first company in the US to come out with a hemp cigarette, proudly proclaiming that their Hemp Stix are America’s 1st and best hemp cigarettes.
The Gold Standard CBD website is nicely designed, with plenty of information on CBD, its potential benefits, and the legality of CBD products. The brand is also active on social media, with a Facebook and Instagram page, as well as a Youtube channel.
Gold Standard CBD Highlights
Here are some of the reasons you will love Gold Standard CBD:
- Well-Priced Products and Promotions: When you visit the Gold Standard website and browse through their product range, you will see that their products are quite affordable. But they also offer great discounts and giveaways for loyal subscribers. You can also find discount codes on their Facebook and Instagram pages. Currently, they are offering 25% off first-time orders by using the code “INSTA25.”
- Source of CBD: The source of CBD can have a big impact on overall quality. Gold Standard cultivates and produces products in Oregon. All products are non-GMO, which means that they’re made from ingredients that aren’t genetically modified. This contributes to the high-quality of the products, so consumers can feel good about adding Gold Standard formulas to their lifestyle.
- Lab Testing: One of the most important things to look for when choosing a CBD product is lab test results. Gold Standard CBD uploads the Certificates of Analysis (COA) for each product on the company website for everyone to view. These reports are provided by a third-party testing service and verify the purity and quality of the products.
- Unique Product Range:Gold Standard CBD offers a unique line of products. Most other CBD brands we’ve reviewed focus on the “typical” CBD products, such as tinctures, gummies, capsules, etc. Gold Standard, on the other hand, specialized in CBD smoking products, so they’re offering customers something different from the norm.
Negative Thoughts on Gold Standard CBD
We’re not overly enthusiastic about the Gold Standard CBD branding and packaging. Given the brand name, we would expect the overall look to be a little more sophisticated. The logo is average at best – it’s simply a “g” in a gold circle – while the font used on the product labels makes the brand look kind of tacky. Not to get too critical, but we really feel that Gold Standard could do with a rebranding.
“The Bold Hemp Stix has great flavor and a wonderful calming effect. This is my favorite product when it comes to flower.”
Gold Standard CBD Products
- CBD Flower: The Hemp Flower comes in several varieties, including 500mg CBD “Lifter” (3.5 grams), 1,000mg CBD “Frosted Lime” (7 grams), 2,000mg CBD “Sour Space Candy (14 grams), and 4,000mg CBD (28 grams). You can also get 1 gram of Hemp Flower in a bag.
- Vape Cartridges: The vape cartridges are available in strengths of 225mg and 450mg and come in several different varieties; Natural, Mint, Sour Diesel, Trainwreck, Strawnana, and Sour Diesel.
- Hemp Stix: Gold Standard has 75mg Single Stix available in an Original and Natural flavor, and 100mg Single Stix in “Bold.” These options are also available to buy in packs of ten. They also have 150mg Stix Cones available in CBG 1:1, Frosted Lime, Hawaiian Haze, Kush, Lifter, Special Sauce, Sour Space Candy, Suver Haze, and T-1. You can also get a pack of five Hawaiian Haze Stix Cones (500mg CBD total).
- Honey Stix: The Honey Stix comes in a pack of 7 with a total CBD content of 100mg. They’re available in the Original flavor or Chocolate.
- Hemp Drops: The Hemp Drops come in strengths of 1,000mg, 2,000mg, and 2,500mg. The 1,000mg option comes in a few varieties: Broad Spectrum, CBD:CBG 1:1, Full Spectrum Kush, CBD:CBG 2:1, and CBD:CBG 3:1. The 2,000mg option comes in two varieties: Full Spectrum Kush and CBD:CBG 3:1, while the 2,500mg option is only available in a Broad Spectrum option.
Gold Standard CBD Costs
- CBD Flower: The price ranges between $11 and $110, depending on the variety.
- Vape Cartridges: The 225mg options cost $30, while the 450mg strength cartridges cost $42.
- Hemp Stix: Single Hemp Stix cost $5 and $6 (Bold option), and single Stix Cones cost $9. The pack of ten Hemp Stix cost $20 and $25 (Bold option), and the pack of five Stix Cones costs $23.
- Honey Stix: A pack of Honey Stix retails for $20.
- Hemp Drops: The Hemp Drops retail for between $50 and $119 depending on the variety and strength.
“The Hawaiian Haze hemp flower relaxes me nicely. I smoke it before bed whenever I’m feeling tense and I can feel the anxiety melt away.”
Final Thoughts on Gold Standard CBD
Gold Standard CBD offers several interesting products, the most popular being their Hemp Stix. They’re a unique brand with a clear purpose – to show consumers that high-quality CBD smoking products also have a place amongst cannabis enthusiasts. The company uses premium-grade, non-GMO CBD, and excellent ingredients in its products, and all items are third-party lab tested.
Although we’re not mad about the Gold Standard branding and packaging design, it’s what’s inside the product that matters most. And this is definitely a company that is committed to providing its customers with high-quality products.