Think back to your childhood – to those tootsie-roll styled chocolate taffies. Now imagine these childhood treats infused with cannabis. Sounds amazing, right? Well, thanks to one intriguing brand, this is now a reality. In this Cheeba Chews review, we will tell you everything that you need to know about this company; the good and the bad, what products they sell, and what their prices are like.
One of the biggest challenges that cannabis enthusiasts are faced with is the inconsistency between edibles. In some cases, the exact same edible product from the exact same company is annoyingly different every time you buy it. One of the main intentions of Cheeba Chews is to mitigate this problem. The maker of Cheeba Chews, James Howler, acknowledges the benefit of knowing that you are getting exactly the same dose and exact same potency each and every time.
After nearly nine years in the market, Cheeba Chews are now available in over 800 dispensaries all across California, Nevada, and Colorado. However, in the exceptionally competitive market that they find themselves in today, their products don’t stand out as much as they used to. So how do the Cheeba Chews products hold up? Read on to find out everything there is to know about these delightful edibles.
Cheeba Chews Quick Summary
“The sativa option is my go to. I buy ten at a time and split them up over a month. Easy to use once you have a system in place and great flavor.”
Who are Cheeba Chews?
Cheeba Chews was started in 2009 in Boulder, Colorado, by James Howler. James noticed that there were major discrepancies between edibles that claimed to have the same effects and strengths. He created Cheeba Chews as a way to standardize the edible lab testing process and develop a new, more discreet, and portable edible compared to the pot brownie that was synonymous with edibles at the time.
Since the company’s inception in 2009, Cheeba Chews has maintained one clear and simple mission; to provide their customers with an industry-leading, discreet, and consistently potent cannabis-infused edible solution.
Thanks to the company’s high standards, utilization of product infusion, independent lab testing, and genuine patient experience, Cheeba Chews have been very successful in their mission. The High Times Magazine has even voted them as “America’s favorite edible.”
Cheeba Chews have given the cannabis market an edible solution that can be easily dosed and that customers can regularly depend on. Cheeba Chews are available in a variety of different flavors and strains – they serve a wide demographic by offering a variety of different edibles in their product line. From those patients who are searching for CBD for non-psychoactive relief to those who need a high concentration of THC, the Cheeba Chews products are carefully infused and thoughtfully created.
Cheeba Chews offers a line of 11 different marijuana-infused edible products. The Chocolate taffy chew was the company’s original product and is now also available in a sativa, indica, and hybrid variety. Of course, there is also a line of CBD-infused taffy options, and they also have a line of Green Hornet Gummies.
Cheeba Chews Highlights
It’s difficult to produce an edible that stands out in an industry that is seemingly saturated with every kind of cannabis-infused edible that you could imagine. But, Cheeba Chews has managed to gain attention for being one of the first dedicated brands when it comes to making groundbreaking, potent, and tested marijuana edibles.
Here are some of the highlights of Cheeba Chews:
- Products made for dietary restrictions: You’ve got to love a company that takes care to make products specifically for those patients who have dietary requirements. According to the company website, all of their products are peanut free and nut free.
- The dose is consistent every single time: As a consumer, it can be the luck of the draw when it comes to edibles. Sometimes they’re amazing, and other times they’re duds – even when they have been manufactured by the same people. Cheeba Chews are one of the leaders in lab tested edibles, ensuring that their consumers can have confidence every single time.
- THC:CBD ratios to suit different users: Offering variable levels of CBD and THC, as well as personal dosage options that are labeled on each product, everyone can enjoy the medicinal properties of these chews.
- Discreet: Once taken out of the labeled package, the chews are wrapped in a foil which can easily be mistaken as normal candy (not cannabis-infused edibles). So you can consume your chews without worrying about what those around you think.
- Pharmaceutical grade cannabis extract: Staying true to their mission of standardizing the lab testing of edibles, each chewy batch is produced with pharmaceutical grade cannabis extract, which is tested monthly to maintain the correct CBN, CBD, and THC content and to ensure consistency and quality.
Cheeba Chews Review: Negative Thoughts
Although Cheeba Chews has been quite proactive in that their products are gluten and peanut free, we would like to see them pursue a healthier recipe that will exclude corn syrup from the equation. Corn syrup has some adverse side effects which are why quite a few cannabis brands choose to leave it out of their products.
When choosing edibles, products that are made from natural sugar are a much healthier option. However, while we aren’t crazy about the corn syrup, we have certainly come across much worse options for the health conscious medical marijuana patient.
“I take Cheeba Chew indica before bedtime and almost always get a good night’s sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.”
Cheeba Chews Products
Cheeba chews are bite-sized taffies of either single or multi-dose. They are available in different potencies with the aim of being consistent every time you eat one. Each taffy is made with pretty standard ingredients, like soybean oil, milk, cocoa, sugar, and, of course, corn syrup. For the purpose of this review, we will look specifically at the hemp chews (CBD-infused).
- Chocolate Hemp Taffy: Full spectrum hemp derived CBD-infused chocolate taffy, each chew contains about 25 mg of CBD. These are available to purchase in a 4-pack (100 mg CBD), 10-pack (250 mg CBD), and 20-pack (500mg CBD). This is the original, award-winning taffy. There are just 10 calories per serving.
- Strawberry Hemp Taffy: Available in the same strengths as the chocolate taffies, the strawberry taffy has 11 calories per serving. Each 3-gram chew contains 25 mg of hemp-derived CBD.
- Caramel Hemp Taffy: Full-spectrum hemp derived CBD-infused caramel taffies, the only difference here is flavor and calories. Each serving contains 12 calories.
- Sour Apple Hemp Taffy: Again, the only difference here is flavor and calories. Each serving has 11 calories.
Cheeba Chews: Costs
Considered to be mid-ranged in the market in terms of price, the Cheeba Chews are definitely well-priced, especially considering the high-quality. Here’s a breakdown of the costs.
- Chocolate Hemp Taffy: You can purchase a 4-pack for $18, 10-pack for $32 and the 20-pack for $45.
- Strawberry Hemp Taffy: Going for the same price as the Chocolate hemp taffies, the only difference here is flavor.
- Caramel Hemp Taffy: These are exactly the same in terms of price. A 20-pack containing a total of 500 mg CBD will cost you $45.
- Sour Apple Hemp Taffy: These are sold for the same price as all of the above.
“These taste similar to a tootsie roll but with a bang - it’s great!!! The combination of THC and CBD is perfect for maximum pain relief.”
Final Thoughts on Cheeba Chews
There’s no denying that Cheeba Chews are the leader in the market when it comes to cannabis-infused edibles. Overall, much of the love for Cheeba Chews comes from the very well executed dose packaging. The lab testing means that their products are consistent every single time.